Free Delivery to Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Hamilton, Haldimand and surrounding areas.
We Are Here For You – Give Us A Call!

Funding for Mobility Aids

We believe everyone should have access to quality mobility aids and daily living products.

We Navigate Funding Options For You

You or your loved one may qualify for funding on select mobility aids. We are your best resource and are happy to help you take advantage of the funding options that may be available to you!

We will work closely with your ADP Authorizer if you are eligible for funding through the Assistive Devices Program (ADP). We are also a WSIB Preferred Provider and we offer assistance with many private insurance and funding programs.

Read Below for Details.

man on laptop

We Are An ADP Authorized Vendor

If you have a long-term physical disability, you can get help paying for equipment and supplies when you qualify for the Assistive Devices Program (ADP). When you purchase select mobility devices through us, you may be eligible for up to 75% government disability funding through ADP.

An ADP Authorized Occupational Therapist is required to complete an assessment to determine if you qualify for ADP funding. Our team will work together with your Therapist to provide a mobility device that will best meet your needs.

If you’d like more information regarding the Assistive Devices Program, visit the link below or contact us!

We Are WSIB Preferred Supplier

wsib cspaat ontario logo

Funding Programs We Can Assist You With

We offer assistance with applying for many funding programs including:

  • Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
  • Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB)
  • Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP)
  • Ontario Works (OW)
  • March of Dimes (MOD)
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
  • Motor Vehicle Act (MVA) 
  • Green Shield (GSC) – Direct Billing
  • And more – subject to approval

Coverage for Mobility Aids

Do you require assistance choosing the most appropriate assistive device for your needs? The Assistive Devices Program can provide you with a personalized report and assessment completed by an Occupational Therapist from one of their approved assessor networks. This comprehensive assessment will help to identify assistive devices that are most suitable to assist you in achieving your mobility goals.

Assistive devices covered are medically essential assistive devices considered an aid to daily living or self-care. This includes a range of assistive aids such as mobility scooters, power wheelchairs/mobility chairs, walkers, standing frames/ambulatory aids, etc.

APPLYING FOR MOBILITY AID COVERAGE

The ADP is Canada’s disability mobility aid program. To apply for a mobility aid, simply follow the following steps:

  1. Schedule an examination with an occupational therapist or physiotherapist registered with the ADP. Please email us at mobility@brantarts.ca for a list of registered therapists in the area.
  2. Apply for the ADP using the Application Form for Medical Equipment and Devices. This form is provided by and completed by your ADP Authorized Therapist. It is available at Assistive Device Program vendors, including Brant Arts Mobility. This form includes certification by an ADP Authorized Occupational Therapist determining that the assistive equipment will be helpful to meet your needs and how it will help improve your independence.
  3. Once this information has been received, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care will review your application and determine whether assistive aids are medically essential for you.
HOW MUCH IS COVERED?

ADP covers 75% of the cost for mobility aids, with you being responsible for the remaining 25%. Businesses can’t charge you more than the ADP price for the approved device. You must also pay for additional items not covered by the ADP such as batteries for power wheelchairs.

ARE REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENTS COVERED?

ADP does not cover repair costs of equipment. Care and maintenance of equipment is also your responsibility.