Mobility scooters offer a wonderful way to keep the user engaged so they can go everywhere they want & do everything they enjoy. They can open up a world of possibilities for those who are easily fatigued after walking short distances. These assistive devices are great for going shopping, running errands and getting outside in the community.
But with so many electric scooters options available, choosing the right scooter for mobility can be overwhelming. At Brant Arts, we know that choosing the best mobility scooters for you or your loved one is about making the choice that’s right for you or your lifestyle, interest and abilities. In order to decide on the best scooter, take a look at some of your needs and how you prefer to travel so you can confidently make a decision that is best for you or your loved one.
What Size Mobility Scooter is Best For Me?
Senior scooters come in different sizes, from compact to full-sized. Our experts will help you choose the mobility scooter that best suits your lifestyle and needs. Here are some of the size options we consider when helping you narrow down your search:
Compact Scooters or Portable Scooters
- Folding Mobility Scooters that maximum convenience and versatility.
- These scooters maneuver easily through tight spaces. They deliver high performance and easily disassemble for your busy, on-the-go lifestyle. They usually have smaller wheels which are good for short distances and even surfaces.
- Do you need to fit your scooter into a vehicle to travel or a closet? Opt for a folding scooter like the Pride Go-Go! The compact design of these scooters means that they are easy to fit into your car or store inside a closet when not in use. With driving speeds up to ~ 4mph, these scooters are ideal for day trips and help you get out into the community with confidence. Travelling with a scooter doesn’t have to be stressful!
- These are ideal for indoor/outdoor use due to their compact size and long range capacity.
- These scooters offer the driver both comfort and ease of use. Equipped with a rechargeable electric battery our selection of mid-range scooters are ideal for everyday use.
- These offer the ultimate in comfort with a full captain’s seat.
- These are great companions for outdoor adventures, full-sized scooters have larger wheels which offer bigger suspension and can handle more types of terrain making them some of the best all-terrain scooters.
3-wheel Mobility Scooters vs. 4-wheel. What is the Difference?
You may be wondering, is a 4 wheel mobility scooter better than a wheel scooter? But the answer depends on what your needs are and where you’ll be using the scooter! 3 wheels are great for indoor use and are often recommended if you need a scooter that is good at navigating sharp turns. While an electric 4 wheel scooter offers stability and works well outdoors.
What About Mobility Scooter Wheel Size?
A scooter model with smaller wheels might be an option for indoor use to allow turning in a smaller radius. Larger wheels offer bigger suspension and can handle more types of terrain. A scooter with larger pneumatic wheels will provide additional comfort, particularly if it is being used on uneven terrain. Pneumatic tires are air-filled and provide a flexible strong grip on uneven surfaces. Solid tires are made of solid rubber and are more puncture resistant.
Choosing A Mobility Scooter
Our experts will help you choose the mobility scooter that best suits your lifestyle and needs. We will also ensure a safe and proper fit. If you aren’t ready to make a decision just yet and want to try out a scooter, you can get in touch with us to book a product demonstration or even take one for a spin.
No matter what scooter you choose for you or your loved one, all options serve the same purpose, providing you better mobility for a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Get out there and enjoy the benefits of a mobility scooter today!